Thursday, February 11, 2010

John Mayer Apologizes For Racial Slur

John Mayer has taken to his twitter page to apologize for using offensive racial slurs in a "raw" interview with Playboy which finds Mayer discussing his sex life (surprise) and telling everyone about the preferences of his penis.

Mayer talks openly about his past with Jessica Simpson as well as why he doesn't court black women ("My dick is sort of like a white supremacist.") However Mayer made the ultimate no-no when he said "Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a 'hood pass'? and by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a 'hood pass, you could call it a n****r pass"

On twitter he wrote: "Re: using the 'N word' in an interview. I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."
He later continued: "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."
The interview will appear in the February edition of Playboy. Read The Hanging Tree review for his latest album Battle Studies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment