Thursday, November 26, 2009

100 Best Albums Update and "Disclaimer"

My countdown of the 100 best albums of the decade that was supposed to start on January 4th next year has been moved up to December 9th of this year. I'm way ahead of schedule and I only have a handful of music left to listen to and critique.

Also I feel it necessary to write a "disclaimer" for lack of a better word.
Needless to say I didn't listen to every single album from the past ten years. I would have needed 3 more Jon LaFollette's to accomplish such a feat. However the total number of records listened to will reach the 215 mark. So that means an average of a little over 20 albums per year.
I really did try my best to be subjective and unbiased in this thing. I listened to rock, alternative, indie, pop, punk, punk pop, pop rock, prog rock, hip hop, trip hop, folk, country, techno, r&b, soul, nu-soul electronic and every other kind of mix mash you can think of.
I also tried very hard to not have this thing read off like some giant fan boy list. I think I made this list as comprehensive and cohesive as possible with every piece of music deserving to be included. You might think some albums are strange or some artists over rated, but that's the point of something like this. I know I won't make everyone happy. I simply wanted to spark discussion and debate.
I'm also going to change the format. I'll still do 10 albums at at time however I'll post a new set of 10 every day spots 100-21. The next 3 days will feature 20-6 5 spots at a time with the top 5 each getting their own post. I just thought I'd speed the whole process up.
Super excited to share with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment