Thursday, January 14, 2010

Johnny Cash Gets His Final Release

American VI: Ain't No Grave, the final recordings ever produced by the late Johnny Cash, are set for a February 26th release date which would have been the Man In Black's 78th birthday.

Like its 5 predecessors, the album was produced by Rick Rubin.
Covers on the album include "Redemption Day" by Sheryl Crow, "For the Good Times" by Kris Kristofferson, "Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream" by Ed McCudry and "Cool Water" by Bob Nolan. The album will also feature the unreleased "I Corinthians: 15:55" which Cash composed during the latter years of his life.
The album had been a work in a progress since 2002 up until Cash's death on September 12th 2003.
Track listing is listed below.
  1. Ain't No Grave
  2. Redemption Day
  3. For the Good TImes
  4. I Corinthians 15:55
  5. Where I'm Bound
  6. A Satisfied Mind
  7. I Don't Hurt Anymore
  8. Cool Water
  9. Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
  10. Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment