Thursday, October 8, 2009

Announcing Something Awesome For Next Year...

Beginning next year, I'm going to undertake one of the most ambitious things that I've ever done.

Those of you that know me have been there when I listened to my entire iTunes collection in ABC order. And some of you know that every year I've ranked the ten best albums at the end of every year. Well I guess that wasn't ambitious enough for me.
So starting sometime in January, I will be conducting a countdown of the 100 best albums of the past decade (2000-2009). I'm slowly in the process of going through all the music that I have collected over the past 10 years. From there I will rank which ones are better than others ultimately leading up to the best album from the previous decade.
Here's how the posts are going to work, every week starting January 4th I will post 10 albums at a time starting with 100-91. I will write a little bit about each album and why it rocks so hard and deserves to be included on the list. Spots 100-21 will get about 1-2 paragraphs written about it. Spots 20-6 will get about 4-5 paragraphs while the top 5 spots will receive their own post dedicated to them.
I know this is a very lofty idea. But I think it will be fun for me to make it and it will be fun for you to tell me how wrong you think I am when it comes to my opinion. Just keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment